Tuesday, January 13, 2009

doctor's appointment...

We had our second doctors appointment this morning.

It was quite exciting...and here's why...

My doctor and his nurse came in with the doppler to look for the
baby's heartbeat.
She looked for what felt like hours, couldn't find it...
Then my doctor looked...couldn't find it...

And while all of this was going on...
nobody says anything...
nobody will look at me...
and you could hear a pin drop in that exam room...

Alan and I saw Marley and Me this past weekend so that was all we
could think about... (if you have seen it, you know what I'm talking about.)

So my Dr. nods his head at the nurse...
and I'm thinking what is going on...
I look over at Alan...
he looks scared to death...
The nurse comes back with the ultrasound machine.

It warms up, he places that cold probe on my belly...
And there he/she is... Little heart fluttering like crazy...
Wheewww...that was scary!

Dr. Slocumb said everything looks great with me and the baby!

We are so grateful for the little life inside me...
I can't imagine what it would be like if that little one had not
been safe inside me.
I can't imagine what it must feel like to lose a baby.

We definitely had one of those humbling moments...
when you can't do anything but look up and say "Thank you, Lord!"

This is all just so amazing and overwhelming...
I still can't believe God chose us...

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I can't imagine how scary that must have been for you all, but I'm so happy to know the little one is safe & sound!

Anonymous said...

Same thing happened to me Hollie. I know that feeling. It makes you want to scream for someone to talk to you! God is an awesome God!!!

Elizabeth H. said...

I am so glad things are okay! I cannot imagine how you felt in that moment... what a blessing!!

Chris, Lauren and Gage said...

Praise the Lord...every time I think about when you called me that day I think...thank you God for taking care of my precious friend and that little life inside of her! I can't wait to meet that little peanut! 143