This is what I have done so far...
1. I sent out an update e-mail to everyone in my nursing class. Many of my fellow RN's have replied back with updates. I forward them on to everyone. Something about January calls for an update. We have been out of school for almost 3 years. They are wanting a reunion...
2. I made a gift wrap organizer from our old chest of drawers that is now in our guest bedroom.
One drawer for tissue. Another for ribbon, tape, and scissors. (I bought a new pair at the dollar tree that will stay in there. I bought 4 rolls of tape after Christmas for half off.) Another drawer for gift bags. (I cleaned my gift bags out and gave them away at work.) And the final drawer is full of boxes. (I bought many of these after Christmas too.) I love to wrap gifts rather than using a bag. Everyone uses bags, ya know. I have my gift wrap in a underbed storage box in the same room. I have found that the guest bed makes a great wrapping surface!
a little side note. I am a wrapping paper snob. It has to be heavy weight. Hobby Lobby has the best!
3. Alan put plywood down in the attic so now all of our Christmas stuff is up there. Except for the new tree we bought at Target for half off. Now the guest bedroom closet has alot more room. I bought 40 new hangers to hang up clothes that I am adding to my growing collection of baby clothes.
4. I straightened up our entertainment armoire in the living room. Got rid of some stuff.
5. I cleaned out our old dresser that still contained a bunch of my old clothes. Got rid of some clothes, and put some in our new dressing chest.
6. I am still working on my guest basket. I am looking for the perfect basket and for the perfect towels.
7. Just before Christmas I started a new collection of antique Christmas ornaments. Next year, in addition to my red and gold tree, I am going to have an antique themed tree. The tree we got from Target is a 6 1/2 ft, prelit with white lights tree in an urn. I can't wait to see what it will look like. So right now, I have the ornaments displayed in the guest bedroom in a glass bowl and hurricane.
So far, that is it.