I am blaming it for these feelings I am having.
I want to post, but I don't want to post. But I guess I will go ahead and post anyway.
I have had the "blahs" all day today.
Christmas was good. Spent time with family as long as we could.
I had to work Christmas Eve morning and then be back to work on the
27th, but we are thankful for the time that we did have with family.
I was thankful I got to see my Uncle Brian. I don't think I have seen him since our wedding.
We spent the day with him and had a great time. I told him about my blog! (So, Hey Uncle Brian if you are reading)
We got so many photo Christmas cards. I love looking at them and having them displayed so that I can be reminded of our friends and family!
I got some great thoughtful gifts. Maggie got me a cute lanyard
for my work ID and an Itunes gift card. Paige and her family gave me some perfect cards for the stamp I got from Alan's parents. Lauren also gave me some notecards and a notepad to go with the stamp. So cute! Alan gave me an iPod case and an iPod dock. He also gave me a bulldog statue. He's concrete and stained black. He's sitting on our hearth right now. Alan also got me the large Tuscan Baker from Southern Living at Home(can't find a picture). I must say I love it. My parents gave us the Wallace Sleigh Bell ornament for 2007. We have gotten one every year since we have been married. One day we will have a tree full of beautiful silver bells. (My sister has 10! She and Zack just celebrated 10 years of marriage on December 26th.)
The also got us two of our everyday glasses. They were only available at one small store in Alabama when we registered. So that's the reason we are still collecting. :)
I also recieved some very nice sewing scissors. And a mini pair to go with these.Alan's parents got me the WillowTree Creche for my nativity. They also got me the ox and goat to go with the nativity. My collection is complete.
My parents also got me a cast iron covered pot. It's made by Chantal. Their products can be found at TJMaxx and Marshalls. This picture is of the ceramic non-lidded version. I used it last night to make taco soup. It works really well. And it is so cute!
Those were a few of my favorite things!
So anyways. I am gonna list the rest of the stuff I want to say.
1. Alan and I spent New Years Eve at home. We played Monopoly for almost 4 hours! I am so competitive. I won!!!
2. Pray for little Luke, the baby of our friends Ken and Libby.
3. I have been working on my "guest basket". So far I have shower gel and soap from Bath and Body Works. I have a sweet Citrus Cilantro candle from Pier One. All I have left to buy are the towels, washcloths, and a basket. Then I'll need some overnight guests! :)
4. Alan and I need to invest in some nice steak knives.
5. I still haven't taken down our Christmas decorations. I am still enjoying looking at them. It may happen this weekend.
6. I'm getting my hair cut this Saturday morning in Milledgeville. A good hair cut is worth the drive! I get to see Lauren too! Yeah!
7. My nephew Taylor is getting baptized. He wants our Paw-Paw to baptize him. I am so proud and thankful! What a huge and important decision! He is such a sweet, loveable little kid.
8. I am saving up for the Canon Digital Rebel XTi.
9. I'm reading Captivating. I want to read more in 2008.
10. I am so blessed! Beyond blessed.
11. I am happy to hear that a girl from my nursing class is expecting a little boy this month after some struggles with infertility!
12. Alan and I have been together 6 years as of January 2nd.
Happy New Year everyone!