Friday, March 6, 2009

good customer service is hard to find...

Just want to say that I have been more than pleased with
the customer service we have recieved from
Restoration Hardware Baby and Child.

They have been very professional and friendly.

They personally called me to let me know the
date the bumper would be available and confirmed with me
that I still wanted the item.

They send shipping confirmations through e-mail,
even if you call to place your order.

They use UPS which has a fabulous tracking system.

Not only is their customer service awesome,
but their products are too!
The bedding is very high quality and very reasonably priced.

If you are looking for baby bedding,
look at Restoration Hardware Baby and Child first.
(And no I'm not getting paid to say this.)

I did e-mail them a thank you note though!

Also, the cradle we ordered is made by
Million Dollar Baby.
The board that goes in the bottom of the cradle
was cracked a little bit when we recieved it.
Alan didn't feel comfortable putting the baby in there
since it wasn't perfect.
So, he e-mailed them to tell them about the situation.
Without question and very promptly they sent us another board
free of charge.

Good customer service is hard to find!
When you do find it I think it deserves to be shared.

So thank you RH Baby and Child and Millon Dollar Baby!

No comments: