Thursday, June 9, 2011

Fruit pizza!

A girl I work with made this dessert for a celebration we had, and now I am hooked! 
I have made three of them in the past 3 weeks.


Fruit Pizza

1 and 1/4 rolls refrigerated sugar cookie dough

1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened

1/2 cup sugar

1 tsp. vanilla

4 cups assorted fresh fruit such as strawberries, bananas, kiwi, blueberries, peaches etc.

Lemon juice or pineapple juice to prevent bananas and peaches from yellowing.
Preheat oven to 350° F.

Place dough on round baking stone and cook 20-25 minutes until golden brown.

Remove from oven and cool.

For the topping, combine cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla.

Spread evenly over cookie dough. Next layer the fruit.

Keep refrigerated.

*After slicing all the fruit, except the bananas, I lay them on a paper towel to "dry"
to prevent the top of the pizza from being watery.
*I start with bananas, then pile on the rest.
*I used a tart pan with a removable bottom to get the scalloped edges.
*Best if eaten on the same day!
*I don't really measure the fruit.

Thanks for stopping by and prepare to be addicted! :)

3 comments:

Pam said...

Looks amazing! I'll have to try that soon, I am all about fruit right now.

I've also been loving all your pins on pinterest! :)

Megan // Honey We're Home said...

That looks delicious! Your photo is awesome too!

paige said...

you have such a great blog hollie!!
so fun meeting you today
xo