Sunday, March 18, 2007

One year ago...

today we were moving to Athens.
Yesterday Alan and I were driving home from Alabama and asked him to describe this past year in
one word. We both agreed that "challenging" would be a great word to describe it.
This year has been full of change. Two new jobs. Buying a house. Leaving behind a great church.
Finding a new one. Leaving behind friends. Making new ones.

I grew up moving from place to place. My life has been full of change. But this move has been especially challenging. But it has helped Alan and I grow closer. I have learned more about who and what is more important in life. We have learned that God has placed us here for a reason (and hopefully a season) :). We are continuing to seek Him and the future plans he has for us.

I am thankful that this year is now behind us. I am thankful that I have a sort of settled feeling. I am thankful that I am not the new girl at work anymore. I am thankful that we have made friends, great friends at that. I am thankful that God has never left us.

Anyways. Of course I must share our little garden today. These things are growing like weeds...Hehehe.


And our first tulip bloomed today! Signs of new life! Signs of spring!



And looky what I found online... :)


No comments: