Thursday, November 11, 2010

Turnip Green Soup Recipe


TURNIP GREEN SOUP

2 packages (10 ounces each) Turnip Greens (I use frozen without the turnips)
1 package Knorr vegetable soup mix
1 can (about 15 ounces) northern beans
1 can (about 15 ounces) navy beans
1 small onion, chopped
5 cups chicken broth
1 pound smoked sausage, sliced thin (I use turkey kielbasa. It makes it healthier)
1 teaspoon hot sauce
1 teaspoon garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste
Tony's seasoning to taste

Combine all ingredients in soup pot.
Bring to a boil; reduce heat to a simmer.
Cook until sausage is done.
Serve with cornbread.

I always brown my sausage and onion together in a different skillet.
Then I add it to the pot. You know just to speed things up a bit.

I hope y'all LOVE it as much as we do!

1 comment:

Lori said...

I was reading your blog the other day with Luke in my lap. He saw a picture of Rowan with those big blue eyes and curls and asked "is that baby Lukee" He has seen his own pics when he was that age and they look very similiar! Too cute!