Thursday, July 29, 2010

beach memories.


I saw this idea in the Southern Living at Home catalog several years ago.
I love these candle holders (I have two.) because they have so much versatility.
I have used them as vases, candleholders, and now as a picture frame.

 I added a little craft sand from Wal-mart.
Then I added a 4x6 picture of Rowan in sepia tone that I printed
at CVS for 19 cents.
I added some seashells and sand dollars we found 
while we were at the beach.
I had some leftover jute from Rowan's party that
I tied around the base.
And there you have it. A very quick and easy
reminder of our beach memories.

And I never want to forget my sweet
boy crawling around on the beach, splashing in the saltwater,
and eating handfuls of sand.

I am linking up to Tatertots and Jello Weekend Wrap Up Party.





Join us Saturdays attatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up party!

8 comments:

City Grace said...

adorable!

Daydream Believer said...

So sweet! :)

Cate said...

Thanks for sharing your adorable candle holder. I have featured it on Random Crafty Georgia Girl.

Traveling Thrifter said...

this is beautiful!...I'm going to try it out...thank you for sharing!

stephanie said...

This is so sweet....

Sarah said...

look at you getting featured on a blog!!!

Iheartnaptime w/ Chocolate Sundaes said...

super cute!! I love how it turned out! I'd love for you to link it at sundae scoop http://iheartnaptime.blogspot.com/

Jill said...

I love it! I always see great ideas that I mean to use and never do.